- Democratizes Social Networking
- Mobile handset diagnostic
- Economic pricing options – pay-per-use subscription and one time downloadable packs
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona – February 27, 2012 – Comviva, the global leader in providing mobile solutions beyond VAS, today announced the launch of Hola!, a one stop shop application to access social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, email as well as popular web feeds via the mobile phone. This application will democratize social networking through mobile phones especially the avid networkers in the emerging markets.
Hola! is powered by Comviva’s award winning WebAxn, a cloud-based or network-based mobile application platform that enables service providers to develop and deploy applications and services on mass market handsets. Hola! is a standards-based solution that enables rapid and
cost-efficient development, testing, deployment, management, distribution and marketing of a wide range of client, SMS & USSD based mobile applications.
Commenting on the launch, Arun Tanksali, Head, Mobile Lifestyle Solutions, Comviva, said “Given the viral nature of networking and messaging applications, there exists strong latent demand for an available, easy to use networking and communication service that extends access to popular networking apps across the entire mobile subscriber base. Operators in emerging markets need to act now to garner consumer mindshare, if they are to become a central player in the market for mobile social networking services.”
“Hola! will deliver services to mobile operator customers that will further drive mobile data proliferation. On one hand, it will help operators with their business objective of enhanced customer experience and increased revenues. On the other hand, it will empower customers to experience handset agnostic, faster and instant social networking connect,” further added Arun.
According to the latest study by eMarketer, there has been an increase in the number of users accessing the social networking sites on their mobile phones by 27% from 2010 to 2011 and sending emails via mobile by 34% from 2010 to 2011. Hola! will help the users to stay connected to the social networking websites without worrying about the cost and the network issues.
- Build brand loyalty in emerging markets
- Create a new revenue stream
- Service users with faster rate
- Provides insight into consumers’ usage patterns, supporting creation of successful cross selling activities and service packs
- Pricing options – pay-per-use, subscription, one time downloadable packs, basis the affordability
- Enables easy, manageable and interesting communication
- Allows 24X7 service irrespective of the network connectivity
Visit Comviva at GSMA Mobile World Congress Barcelona at Hall 1, 1E01
Comviva is the global leader in providing mobile solutions beyond VAS. With an extensive portfolio of solutions spanning VAS infrastructure, applications delivery platforms and customer-facing applications, Comviva enables mobile service providers to enrich mobile users’ lives, whilst rationalizing costs, accelerating revenue growth and enhancing customer lifetime value. Comviva’s solutions are deployed by service providers in over 90 countries and power services to over a billion subscribers globally. For more information, please visit www.comviva.com
- Follow Comviva on Twitter @ComvivaTech
- Follow Comviva on Facebook at Comviva
- Follow Comviva on LinkedIn at Comviva
Comviva Technologies Limited
T: +91 124 481 9000