LONDON, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Thin film batteries are an emerging technology with massive growth potential. In fact, the market worth $86.7 million in 2011 is estimated to reach $1,986.5 million in 2018. Thin film batteries can be the solution to power ultra-thin devices.
According to Frost & Sullivan, future key trends include:
- Wide spread usage of thin film batteries in consumer devices such as mobile phones is expected
- Medical implantable devices could be powered by thin film batteries in future
- Thin film battery powered RFID, smart cards, transdermal patches are likely to drive market to mass commercial scale, in the recent future
“Convergence in electronic gadgets is becoming the key growth factor for the future generation. Thin film batteries offer the solution to power ultra-thin devices, making it suitable for future gadgets. Demand for high power, ultra-thin battery to power miniature devices creates huge market potential for this chemistry across different end-user applications,” observes Industry Manager, Suba Arunkumar.
Frost & Sullivan has recently organized an on-demand web conference titled “Thin Film Batteries – Powering the Miniatures!” The webinar summarizes Ms Arunkumar market findings by giving an analysis of the thin film technology, its applications and promising emerging technologies that pave the way for high growth. Market trend for thin film batteries on a global scale is covered, with focus on key countries that have significant contribution. Additionally, the Government policies and support for Asian countries (specifically China and Korea) are also discussed.
This briefing will benefit battery manufacturers, consumer equipment manufacturers such as cell phone manufacturers, sensor manufacturers, RFID cards manufacturers, medical implantable device manufacturers, distributors and resellers of batteries
To receive the presentation and a link to the recording please send an email to Chiara Carella, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com with your full contact details.
The presentation is also available on SlideShare. Click on or copy and paste the link below to see it.
Moreover, a research service on this subject will be published soon.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Head of Corporate Communications – Europe, Israel, Africa
Frost & Sullivan
t) 0044 (0) 207 3438314
m) 0044 (0) 7533017689
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan