Wind potential and average wind speeds in North African countries rank amongst the highest in the world. These resources are exceptional and it is because of this that North African countries are leading the rest of the continent in wind power projects, with 95% of the total installed wind power in Africa being found in Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco.
With Morocco driving forward plans to have 2GW of wind capacity by 2016 and 2.7GW by 2030, Egypt targeting 7.2GW of wind energy by 2020 and Tunisia recently doubling its installed wind capacity with a target of 505MW by 2016 and 2.7GW by 2030, Wind Power North Africa will explore the policy frameworks and formulate the next steps for scaling up the region’s wind power market.
Wind Power North Africa will combine a high-quality conference with first-class exhibition and networking opportunities and assemble key stakeholders from governments and regional industries to investors, international developers and the world’s leading wind power companies.
Key reasons to attend:
• Forge partnerships to develop and construct North Africa’s next multi-megawatt wind power plants
• Network with and meet government, energy agencies and national utilities from across the region and find out how to participate in tendering processes
• Meet investors from commercial banks, development banks, equity funds, international governments, regional sovereign funds to European businesses who are ready to support the North African wind power industry
• Establish your presence in a market with long term potential for large scale wind power development
• Analyse potential new regions in which North African wind power will flourish in the future
Focusing purely on the North African wind power market, where there is long term potential for large scale wind development, meet investors willing to back project development in North Africa. With a more diverse investor focus and inclusion of local industries looking to become involved in the market, Wind Power North Africa will be an extension to the successful range of annual renewable events from Green Power Conferences in this region.
For further information on Wind Power North Africa visit
0203 384 6210