The organisers of the 9th annual iPAD DRC conference and exhibition are pleased to announce an industry-wide call for papers for the annual iPAD DRC conference taking place from 10-11 October 2013 in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Be part of the annual thinktank in the DRC!
iPAD DRC is an international investment conference focussing on mining and infrastructure – and has, over the years, played a role in shaping the growth and industrialisation of the mining sector as well as promoting key mining projects in DRC.
It is the only forum that brings government and mining investors and operators under one roof to discuss the critical issues around power supply, transport and policy affecting this important sector.
The organisers and the iPAD DRC Advisory Board will accept abstracts of no more than one page.
Topics suggested, but not limited to the following:
- Legal and regulatory frameworks – case studies and/or best practices within an African and/or global context
- Fiscal regime of the DRC – case studies and/or best practices for the DRC context
- Commodity outlook and/or analysis (gold, diamond, copper, tin)
- Sustainable mining and social impacts of industrial mining / CSI programmes – case studies and/or best practices
- Conflict minerals and/or traceability projects
- PPP’s in power projects – case studies and/or best practices within an African context
- Large scale power projects
- Transport Corridors and regional integration
- Rail projects -DRC and the sub-region
- Inga 3 and Grand Inga
- China in Africa
Please submit your 1 page abstract to Nicole Smith: email@example.com including your full name, name of organisation and contact information.