CALL FOR PAPERS – KATANGA MINING BRIEFING, LUBUMBASHI
The organisers of the 4th annual Katanga Mining Briefing conference and exhibition are pleased to announce an industry-wide call for papers for the event that is taking place from 15-17 October 2013 in Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Be part of the annual think tank for DRC’s copper and cobalt industry!
The Katanga Mining Briefing brings stakeholders in the DRC’s copper industry together to address critical issues affecting mining operations and production in the province. Top of the agenda is infrastructure requirements to boost output as well as current policy impacting the business. A range os technical workshops provide cutting-edge information on the latest products and technologies in mining and processing.
The Katanga Mining Briefing is the only international forum for DRC’s copperbelt!
The organisers and the Katanga Mining Briefing Advisory Board will accept abstracts of no more than one page.
Topics suggested, but not limited to the following:
- Commodity outlook and analysis – copper and cobalt
- Geological analysis of the copperbelt (DRC and Zambia)
- Power infrastructure projects, including PPP’s
- Rail projects – DRC and the sub-region
- Road projects
- Taxation – best practices
- Fiscal regime and mining code impacts at the provincial level
- Sustainable mining and mining companies CSI projects and progress
- Developing the local supply chain
- New mining projects in Katanga
- Latest technologies and practices in copper processing
Please submit your 1 page abstract to Nicole Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, name of organisation and contact information.
For submission guidelines click here.
|Deadline submission: 12 April 2013|