PowerLift Company Ltd. (PowerLift) will organize its second annual event “PowerLogistics Asia 2013”. This event is specifically focused to the project logistics service providers, mainly Asia based, as well as for the consumers of these services, namely:
•Oil & gas
Hear Mr. Marc Kerr, Head of South East Asia at Jas Forwarding speak about his experience and knowledge on the project cargo industry at PowerLogistics Asia 2013 Conference on 30th-31st October 2013 at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Here’s a brief interview with Dr. Michael Goodisman, on his views about the project logistics industry.
1. How do we define a project cargo?
Equipment or Stores in Support of Project, this may include in gauge or out of gauge.
2. What sort of challenges do you face in a typical day?
Various challenges, geographical, legal, scheduling, loading/unloading facilities limitations are but a few.
3. Where are the growth markets for your company?
APAC, CIS, ME, Africa and South America.
4. What developments are in store for your company in the next 12 months?
Delayed projects in Australia, and Africa coming online; there will also be FEED work for projects in SEA.
5. What do companies need to consider when moving heavy cargoes to, from and within a region?
Infrastructure would be the first consideration, then specific rules and regulations pertaining to cargo movement in relevant countries; the list is endless!
6. What are the greatest challenges facing the industry at the moment and how should companies be gearing up to face them?
The key is investment, and strategic thinking, using the EBIT model then building up from there is a recipe for disaster!
7. What will be the main trends emerging in the industry over the next 12 months?
Growth will not noticeable till Q3/4, but will be at peak 2014.
8. Where are the growth markets for the industry over the next 12 months?
As per question 3; country specific would be Indonesia, Myanmar, Australia, Mongolia, Cameroon, but to name a few.
9. What single thing would most improve the industry at the moment?
10. What are the main drivers for customers when selecting a shipping partner?
Commitment, expertise in house, and the pricing; the last being the major concern for clients.
See you there at PowerLogistics Asia 2013 Exhibition and Conference on 30th-31st October 2013 at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Visit www.powerlogisticsasia2013.com for more information.