Decision on Mandla graves charge expected this week

Mandla Mandela press Decision on Mandla graves charge expected this week

A decision on whether to prosecute Mandla Mandela on a grave tampering charge would be made this week, National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Luxolo Tyali has said.

The police docket was handed to prosecutors in Mthatha yesterday.

“The senior public prosecutor at the magistrates’ court in Mthatha will look at the content of the docket and will make a decision based on that,” Tyali said.

“We expect that decision to be made within the week.”

Mandela, a grandson of former president Nelson Mandela, admitted to exhuming the remains of three of the former president’s children in 2011 in Qunu and moving them to Mvezo, where he is chief.

The remains were exhumed in Mvezo on Wednesday last week following an order of the Eastern Cape High Court in Mthatha, obtained by 16 Mandela family members.

Three of Nelson Mandela’s former children were reburied at his home in Qunu on Thursday.

Madiba is in a critical but stable condition in the Medi-Clinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria.

The post Decision on Mandla graves charge expected this week appeared first on City Press.

Powered by WPeMatico

Share
This entry was posted in South Africa News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply