CHINA: (By Staff Reporter)–A chinese family have rolled up its sleeves to demand compensation from Apple company over the death of their daughter.
They say Ma Ailun was electrocuted while trying to answer a call on her iPhone while it was charging.
The 23-years-old from Xinjiang died apparently by electrocution, according to a preliminary analysis, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
However, authorities are still examining whether the mobile phone caused the electric discharge, it says.
“I hope that Apple gives us an explanation,” Ma’s older sister said in a post on the Weibo social network.
During Sunday, thousands of messages were posted on Weibo, which is a Chinese social network similar to Twitter.
Apple didn’t delay in releasing a message.
“We are deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident,” said Apple in a statement, going on to express the firm’s condolences to the victim’s family.
Powered by WPeMatico