Expanding the Realms of Islamic Finance
Sri Lanka has made remarkable progress in the Islamic finance industry in recent years. The Banking Act of 1988 (and revised in 2005) which enables Islamic banking operations, allows licensed commercial banks and licensed specialized banks to undertake financial transactions based on Shariah principles.
Both the Takaful and Islamic leasing industries have witnessed impressive growth in recent years in Sri Lanka, and while Islamic microfinancing is also developing rapidly, there is a growing need for Shariah-compliant capital market instruments such as Sukuk to bridge the short-term funding requirements with long-term assets.
Bringing you presentations, case studies, key-notes and round-table discussions, the IFN Sri Lanka Roadshow 2013 will once again be the must-attend event for practitioners and professionals who have an active interest in Islamic finance in Sri Lanka.
Date : 29th August 2013
Time : 8am to 4pm
Venue : Cinnamon Grand, Colombo
Speakers at this exclusive event also include:
· Ajith Nivard Cabraal – Governor, Central Bank of Sri Lanka
· Ammar Ahmed – Consultant, Dar Al Sharia
· Ananda Silva – Senior Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Sri Lanka
· Ariff Sultan – Regional Director (Asia), IdealRatings
· Faizal Salieh – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Amana Bank
· Fazal Ghaffoor – Chief Executive Officer, Amana Takaful
· Fazly Marikar – Head of New Product Development and Gold Unit, Amana Bank
· Harith Harun – Chief Executive Officer, Maldives Islamic Bank
· Hisham Ally – Head of Islamic Banking, HNB
· Hitesh Asarpota – Director, Capital Markets & Structured Finance, Emirates NBD Capital
· Imran Nafeer – Head of Microfinance, Muslim Aid
· Imran Zahir – Head of Islamic Banking, NDB Bank
· Ishrat Rauff – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Adl Capital
· Krishan Thilakaratne – Chief Executive Officer, Islamic Business Unit, Lanka Orix Finance
· M Afzar Alam Nomani – Country General Manager, MCB Bank
· M K S Mohamed Bishry – Chief Manager – Islamic Banking, Bank of Ceylon
· Manil Jayesinghe – Partner, EY, Sri Lanka
· Mohamed Azmeer – Chief Operating Officer, Amana Bank
· Muhammad Azad Zaheed – Associate Director, Adl Capital
· Muhammad Shoaib Ibrahim – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, First Habib Modaraba, Pakistan
· Pathmanathan Asokan – Chief Executive Officer, Comtrust Asset Management
· Reyaz Jeffrey – Chief Executive Officer, Amana Takaful Life
· Reyaz Mihular – Managing Partner, KPMG Sri Lanka
· Siddeeque Akbar – Vice President – Consumer Banking and Strategic Marketing, Amana Bank
· Suresh R I Perera – Principal – Tax & Regulatory, KPMG
· Tyrone Hannan – Head – Global Transaction Banking, Deutsche Bank
· U L Muthugala – Additional Superintendent of Public Debt, Central Bank of Sri Lanka
To receive your media pass, register online today!
For more information, please contact Rachael Lim:
+603 2162 7800 ext. 43 or email Rachael.Lim@REDmoneygroup.com
You can also visit http://www.redmoneyevents.com/2013/2013_roadshow_srilanka.asp
We look forward to welcoming you to IFN Sri Lanka Roadshow 2013!