A complete breakfast in a biscuit.
RECIPE JOEY ARNOLD PICTURES RUVAN BOSHOFF
Makes 65 cereal biscuits
- 125 g soft butter (not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup corn flakes (Post Toasties)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- All fired up. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- A winning combination. Mix the butter and sugar together well and add the egg to the mixture.
- A dash of flavour. Now add in the peanut butter and the vanilla essence.
- From the wheat fields. Sift and blend all the dry ingredients and add them to the rest of the mixture. Add the dry ingredients bit by bit and make sure you mix them in well.
- Off you go. Roll the dough into small balls and pack them on greased baking sheets.
- Bake and take. Bake for 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Allow to cool and store them in an airtight container.
GO! says: Ouma can give it a rest – these biscuits are as good as rusks any day and great for dunking in your morning cuppa.
Powered by WPeMatico