Fragrant baked peaches and pistachio biscuits
A sweet and savoury pudding.
RECIPE REUBEN RIFFEL PICTURES RUVAN BOSHOFF
- 150 g plain flour
- 30 g rice flour (from some supermarkets and health food stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g castor sugar
- 50 g pistachio nuts, very finely chopped
Peaches & lychees
- 8 large peaches
- 400 g castor sugar
- thinly grated lemon rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water
- 600 g lychees, peeled, halved and pitted
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Cookies! Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Sift flours, corriander and salt into a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat butter and 75 g sugar until pale and fluffy. Add flour mixture gradually. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 4 mm thick and cut out 8 mm long leaf shapes. Place the biscuits on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Combine the remaining sugar and pistachio nuts, and sprinkle over the biscuits. Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool.
- Peaches with attitude. Reduce the oven temperature to 150 ºC. Halve the peaches along the seam, remove the stones, then place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and turn until well coated in sugar. Stand peaches cut-side up in a ceramic or cast-iron baking dish. Pour lemon juice over and sprinkle with lemon rind, corriander seeds and remaining sugar. Cover with baking paper and bake for 1 hour, basting with cooking juices halfway through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with orange flower water and leave to cool. Add lychees and refrigerate.
- All together now… Serve peaches and lychees with yoghurt, syrup and pistachio biscuits.
Powered by WPeMatico