Orange and avo salad
Make the French dressing at home before leaving on holiday.
RECIPE BETH ALLEN PICTURES DENNY ALLEN & MISHA JORDAAN
FOR THE SALAD
- avocado (peeled and sliced)
- onion (sliced into rings)
- oranges (peeled and cut into rounds)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- Mix it up. Combine the paprika, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Add oil and vinegar alternately, beating constantly. The mixture should thicken nicely. Store the dressing in a jar in the fridge.
- Slice and dice. Just before your meal, slice the salad ingredients and layer on a platter or plate.
- Get dressed. Splash some dressing over the orange and avo salad.
Powered by WPeMatico