Nothing beats fresh prawns.
PRAWN RECIPE REUBEN RIFFEL PICTURES RUVAN BOSHOFF
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 9 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- lemon juice, to taste
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 800 g cooked fantail prawns
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded finely
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
- paprika, to garnish
- Make the pink sauce. Beat together the first five ingredients. Set aside.
- Tail the prawns. Reserve 10 for decoration, and remove the tails from the rest.
- Line ‘em up. Use the cucumber slices to line a serving dish (alternatively, use 10 serving glasses). Mix the lettuce with the tail-less prawns and cocktail sauce. Season and spoon the mixture into the serving dish or divide it evenly amongst the glasses.
- Ta-da! Top with the remaining prawns. Garnish with lemon wedges and a sprinkling of paprika.
Powered by WPeMatico