Fugitive dad back in court for alleged rape, murder of baby

A man accused of raping, assaulting and murdering his 10-month-old baby is expected to appear in the Protea Magistrates’ Court today.

Adriaan Netto was re-arrested on Monday in Krugersdorp after going on the run on the day judgment was to be handed down on allegations against him.

Yesterday, The Star Newspaper reported that baby Samantha – not her real name – died at her parents’ Randfontein plot on March 12 last year.

She had been “significantly” underweight and had numerous injuries, according to an autopsy, the paper reported.

Her ribs were fractured, abrasions were found on her vagina, cheeks, chest, nose, lip, bruising on the abdomen and a lacerated lung that was filled with blood.

Her liver was also injured and her anus had been penetrated repeatedly, the paper reported.

Netto and Samantha’s mother (34) were arrested and charged with murder, rape, assault, child abuse and sexual assault.

A court judgment was supposed to be handed down last Thursday, the day Netto went on the run.

His girlfriend told the court Netto had packed his bags and told her he was leaving before they could come to court, the paper reported.

He left his cellphone at home and told her that if she wanted to go to prison for the rest of her life she could go alone, she reportedly told the court.

The post Fugitive dad back in court for alleged rape, murder of baby appeared first on City Press.

Powered by WPeMatico

This entry was posted in South Africa News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply