DUBLIN, Ireland, October 2, 2013/African Press Organization (APO)/ – Event: More than 300 businesspeople will attend the 3rd Africa Ireland Economic Forum at the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School on the 3rd October. The Forum is designed to increase trade and investment opportunities between Ireland and Africa. CEOs and Directors from over 180 Irish companies will attend, while 100 businesspeople from 16 African countries will participate.
The Forum will be opened by Minister for Trade and Development, Joe Costello and the Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Eamon Gilmore, will deliver the keynote address.
Other speakers from Africa and Ireland include:
• Niall Quinn Chairman of QSAT
• Professor Tito Mboweni, former Governor of the South African Reserve Bank
• Dick Spring, Chairperson of Altobridge
• Dr Oluwakemi Bashorun, Trinity College Dublin
• Francis Grogan, CEO of Zambeef, Zambia
• Andrew Rugasira, founder of Good African Coffee, Uganda
More information on the event is available at: http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/DCD/aief4/aief%202013_website_flyer_final%20(2).pdf
When: Thursday 3 October
Time: 09:10 Opening Address by Minister Costello
12:15 Photo Call with the Tánaiste and Minister Costello
12:30 Keynote Address by the Tánaiste
Where: Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, UCD, Carysfort Avenue, Dublin.
Ireland – Ministry of Foreign Affairs