An Exceptional Phone at an Exceptional Price
Riyadh, January 26, 2014: Motorola– a Google company – launched its 2014 product portfolio in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on a strong note today by introducing Moto G, an exceptional smartphone for people who want an affordable, no-compromise smartphone.
Priced at an attractive SR899, Moto G delivers a premium smartphone experience for a third of the price of current high-end phones, including:
– A brilliant 4.5-inch HD display – the sharpest in its class – that goes edge-to-edge so you can enjoy movies, photos, video chats and more
– The newest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor featuring a quad-core CPU for seamless multitasking and enjoying the web, videos and games, with all-day battery life
– Android™ 4.3 Jellybean, the most up to date Android of any phone in its class, with a guaranteed upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat. No skins to clutter or slow the experience, and great performance with Google’s unbeatable mobile services such as Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™, Chrome and Hangouts™
– Stylish design with a comfortable curved back
– Dual SIM support gives you the option to use the network that makes sense for who and where you’re calling and texting.
– Unique Motorola apps, including Motorola Migrate, which allows you to transfer photos, videos, SIM contacts, call history, texts and more in just three easy steps.
– 50 GB Free storage on Google Drive for two years
Speaking at the press conference, Marcus Frost, Senior Marketing Director – EMEA, Motorola Mobility,said that the incredibly low price of Moto G will allow an increasing number of consumers to experience the full advantages of mobile Internet, with the power to multi-task and run the latest games and apps smoothly.
“People all around the world want to be a part of the mobile Internet so they can access the world’s information, share, and connect with the things that matter to them. But the smartphone industry has relegated hundreds of millions of smartphone buyers to second-class status, preventing them from experiencing the mobile Internet at its best,” he said.
“We talked to 15,000 consumers all around the world to find out what was most important to them, and used what we learned to create Moto G, an affordable smartphone that doesn’t compromise on quality, style or experiences,”Frost added.
“The response to Moto G in North American and European markets has been phenomenal and we are pleased to bring this advanced smartphone to consumers in Saudi Arabia,” said Jose Froes Jr., Regional Managing Director – MEA, Brightstar. “We are confident that Moto G will appeal to the region’s consumers who demand high-performance, quality and value-for-money handsets.”
Consumers can also customize their Moto G phones to reflect their own unique style by changing the back of the phone to match their taste. The attractive back covers – called Motorola Shells – are available in a wide variety of colours and styles, said Ali ElDroubi, GeneralManager – MENA, Brightstar.
In addition, the phone is equipped with Grip Shells to give Moto G added protection all around the edges and the front of the display. Plus, Flip Shells on the Moto G can both protect the display and automatically turn it on when you openthe cover and off when you close it.
In addition to Motorola Shells, you can customize your Moto G with a family of colour-matched accessories to go with your favourite shells, including SOL Republic JAX wired headsets and Tracks Air wireless headphones, wireless speakers from JBL, and a range of Motorola Power Packs for charging on the go.
The Moto G will be distributed by Brightstar Corp., Motorola’s exclusive mobile products distributor in the Middle East. Leveraging Brightstar’s extensive distribution network, the new smartphone is available at all major electronics outlets across Saudi Arabia.Moto G’s 8GB version retails at SR899 while the 16 GB configuration is priced at SR999.