1) What products, services and projects of Multicrop are you most excited about at the moment?
At Multicrop we are increasing our stock items to include a wide range of water and irrigation products for both large and small scale farmers. We are currently involved in a number of large scale irrigation projects throughout Zambia including Centre Pivot, Drip and Sprinkler systems.
2) What makes your company competitive in this market?
We are the sole distributors of the T-L Hydrostatic Drive Pivot and Linear systems manufactured in Nebraska USA. We are also able to source a wide range of products ranging from pump units, steel fittings, pvc piping, transformer and electrical cable from suppliers in South Africa at very competitive prices. Besides our Lusaka office we also have service centres in Choma and Mkushi and provide a full back up service throughout Zambia.
3) Any specific projects or success stories you would like to share?
Multicrop is one of the oldest irrigation companies in Zambia and we have been operating here since 1996. We have been instrumental in the installation and commissioning of 1000s of hectares of irrigation not only in Zambia but throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
4) What in your view are the main challenges for the agricultural sector in Zambia?
To produce high quality crops at a competitive price to alleviate the need for
importing from outside the country.
5) What advice would you give someone who is interested in investing in the Zambian agri-sector?
Research the farming areas thoroughly to ensure the soils are suitable for agriculture and that there is sufficient and reliable electricity close by.
6) What is your vision for the sector, also in terms of the region?
Increased growth of food production under irrigation for export to the region.
7) What surprises you about this sector?
How fast it has grown over the last 10 years.
8) Why did you decide to partner with AgriTech Expo?
To hopefully get more exposure to local and regional prospective customers.
9) What will be your main message at AgriTech Expo?
Efficient and cost effective irrigation systems for all types of applications.
10) Anything you would like to add?
We hope that the show will be well attended and that we get the coverage we need considering the money and time invested.