1) Please tell us more about the Institute of People Development and what your position entails?
IPD is a private FET specialising in Learning and Development and Management Practices. I am a Director, but also am responsible for the general management of the company.
2) Any interesting projects that you are involved in that you are excited about and can share with us?
We have just launched our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for managers using a similar innovative model to our ETD Practitioner RPL model (that has been successfully being producing qualified ETD practitioners for 10+ years).
3) What do you think are the main challenges in education today?
Too much talking, not enough buy-in from practitioners and weak management.
4) You are addressing the shortage of skilled teachers – what will be your message at EduWeek this year?
There are many pathways in education and skills educators need to understand their options and how to up-skill to meet the needs of the environments they work in.
5) What are you most looking forward to at EduWeek?
Networking with like-minded individuals and the opportunity to bring an innovative approach to the way we think about skills development.