Reflecting the importance of the oil & gas industry and its potential for Uganda and investors, His Excellency Yoweri Museveni is expected to lead a senior delegation at the Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit being held at the Kampala Serena on 16-17 September 2015 and alongside experts from around the world, the conference programme is now led by:
– Hon. Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy & Mineral Development
– Hon. Matia Kasaija, Minister of Finance
– Hon. John Byabagambi, Minister of State of Works and Transport
– Dr FA Kabagambe-Kaliisa, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development
– Mr Ernest Rubondo, Head of the Petroleum Directorate, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development
UIOGS is held under the Patronage of Eng. Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy and Mineral Development; and as a part of the Energy Week will be used by the Ministry as its official platform for meeting the international operators and companies and for the presentation of the multitude of energy projects presently ongoing or planned for in Uganda.
The Summit will focus on the upcoming licensing rounds, with an opportunity to meet with key decision makers from the major operators and the newly formed National Oil Company. In addition to the many Upstream projects the UIOGS programme will give a special insight on the Hoima Oil Refinery.
Total and CNOOC will be sharing their experiences of working in Uganda and UIOGS will be an opportunity to interact with the 16 companies who are competing to access a reported 6.5 billion barrels of oil in place in the low-cast Albertine Graben. UIOGS has been set as a key strategic meeting point for the Ministry to interact with the bidding companies and all companies interested in the surge in activity.
The UOGS programme will provide an invaluable insight into all the major issues, challenges and opportunities including:
– Focus on the licensing rounds and new opportunities
– Update on existing fields and exploration success
– Financial and regulatory frameworks
– Uganda’s Refinery Project – 60,000 bpd by 2020
– Supporting the oil and gas industry through a skilled workforce and local content
– Infrastructure developments to support oil & gas
The services of the renowned market leaders for oil & gas conferences; Global Event Partners have been engaged to work alongside domestic experts Image Care to ensure that UIOGS is a first-class event that puts Uganda firmly on the global map.
UIOGS is a two day conference that will be held at the Kampala Serena Hotel on 16-17 September 2015. The programme will feature more than 30 Government officials, Company leaders and Industry experts gathered from Uganda, the region and throughout the world to give Uganda a truly global platform.
AT UIOGS there will be many networking opportunities to exchange ideas, develop new business and affirm standards and policies for the future.
To learn more about the event, how to participate and other details on the programme, participating delegates, speakers and sponsors, please visit: www.uiogs.com