First report about ‘Risks of renewable energy projects’, elaborated by Blue Tree Asset Management and CMS Albiñana & Suarez de Lezo among 110 investors from 7 countries
INVESTORS IN RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS RECOGNISE CSR MISMANAGEMENT HAS AN INCREASING IMPACT AND CONSEQUENCES ON THEIR REPUTATION
- 95% of investors agree that CSR policies mitigate risks, on the condition that they are tailor-made and adapted to the type of investor, investment’s size, technology and region
- The 57% considers recycling as the greatest environmental risk and a 67% supports the reach of agreements with O&M providers for the implementation of environmental policies
- 67% of investors consider that active communication and dialogue with stakeholders would reduce the opposition of local communities to renewable energy projects
- Also, they highlight the need to supervise compliance and protocols on Human Resources, Human Rights and Non-Discrimination
- 74% of investors identify general legal liability insurance for Directors & Officers, as the main tool to mitigate Legal and Ethical risks. The elaboration of a Code of Conduct and Ethics including guidelines for antifraud policies and whistle-blowing policies is also encouraged.
To access the complete report, please visit the following link: https://adobe.ly/2kExgPO