African Women in FinTech & Payments (AWFP) is a sub-branch of The Global Women Payments Network (GWPN), a global network for women working in Banking, Cards, Fintech & Payments in Europe, Africa, Asia and Middle East, whose main objective is to bring women together through networking events and workshops.
In 2017, the African chapter- AWFP was launched. This is the 1st and ONLY Pan-African platform for women working in this sector.
AWFP organizes events, workshops and meet ups. The workshops and events bring women in payments together for a day or two for payments-focused sessions to learn about issues and trends, network with peers and celebrate women’s achievements from across the payments ecosystem.
This is the 1st ever Pan- African Conference specifically focused on Women working in FinTech (Payments). The conference will bring together women from all over Africa for a full day event. The conference will feature interactive panels, deep-dive workshops, and plenary sessions with industry female leaders.
AWFP is positive that, by creating a positive arena in where women can come together to discuss issues relating to Women in FinTech (Payments) Leadership, female founders, bridging the gender gap, pushing more diversity and inspiring future generations of girls into the sector.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE EVENT
AWFP has put together interesting topics that will not only allow women to discuss what is going on in the industry, but also provide interactive sessions and discussions on issues affecting women in the industry. Panel discussions will also focus on how FinTech can be more inclusive and diverse.
See Full Agenda Here
What will you gain from attending?
- Listen and learn from the challenges, success stories and experiences from women and men who are leading the way in FinTech & Payments
- Learn about the latest trends, issues and innovations in the industry.
- Join the larger tribe of lively and friendly community of like-minded people that will help you grow your network
- Get inspired by women leaders trailblazing in FinTech.
What topics will be discussed?
The conference will feature interactive panels, deep-dive workshops, and plenary sessions with industry female leaders.
Topics include, but not limited to:
- Borderless Payments
- Financial Inclusion & Women- The Unbanked Woman
- Can Banks & FinTech Co-exist?
- The Digital Revolution
- FinTech Partnerships
- Cyber Security, Fraud & Financial Industry
- Biometrics & Payments- what it means to African markets
- Women in Leadership
- The regulators- are they driving or limiting innovation
- Africa’s Fintech & Payments Picture
- Fostering Diversity in FinTech
- Mobile Money
- What Africa can teach developed markets
- Women can have it all- finding the work/life balance
- The Female Innovator
- The loneliness of the Female Founder/CEO
- The role of women in commerce
- Remittance- how diaspora drives economies
- How Africa differentiates itself from the rest
Registration can be done via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/african-women-in-fintech-payments-nairobi-2018-tickets-42744575175
Your discount code is: AFRIBUSCOM