Tag Archives: Guinea
In 2018, the SMB-Winning consortium will launch feasibility studies for the construction of an alumina refinery and a railway line to be built by 2022
- IMF staff and Guinean authorities have reached a staff-level agreement on a program of economic policies and reforms that could be supported by an Extended Credit Facility (ECF) arrangement.
- The program will support Guinea’s 2016–20 National Social and Economic Development Plan to foster higher and more broad-based growth, and reduce poverty while maintaining macroeconomic stability and debt sustainability.
- A prudent borrowing strategy that aims at maximizing the concessionality of external loans will be key to preserve medium-term debt sustainability.
Following discussions between the Guinean authorities and IMF staff in Conakry from July 31-August 15, 2017 and during the 2017 Annual Meetings in Washington in October 2017, a staff-level agreement was reached on a program of economic policies and reforms that could be supported by an Extended Credit Facility (ECF) arrangement. Subject to IMF management approval, the staff-level agreement is expected to be submitted to the IMF Executive Board for its consideration in November 2017.
- Significant progress was made in discussions of the economic policies and reforms that could be supported by a new IMF arrangement
- Real growth is expected to 6.7% in 2017 supported by dynamic activity in the mining and construction sectors and good agricultural performance;
- Average inflation would remain moderate at 8.5 percent in 2017.
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission led by Giorgia Albertin visited Conakry from July 31 to August 15, 2017 to negotiate a new program that could be supported by an Extended Credit Facility (ECF).
Guinean Delivery Unit initiates a partnership to reclaim leadership position in pineapple exports to the European Union
Guinea: IMF sees raising infrastructure spending while maintaining macroeconomic stability will help boost long-term inclusive growth prospects
IMF Staff Completes a Staff Visit to Guinea
- Economic activity in Guinea is rebounding, with signs pointing toward continued growth over 6 percent.
- Fiscal consolidation including increased revenues and reduced government spending have brought the basic budget deficit down to 0.7 percent of GDP in 2016.
- IMF sees raising infrastructure spending while maintaining macroeconomic stability will help boost long-term inclusive growth prospects.
An IMF staff team led by Giorgia Albertin visited Conakry from May 15 to 25, 2017, to discuss recent economic and financial developments and Guinea’s economic prospects. The team prepared the ground for a future visit for the negotiation of a new IMF-supported program.
About Oando Energy Resources Inc. (OER)
NEW YORK, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
MTN Foundation hands over 10 houses worth UShs. 135 million in Kiryandongo to beneficiary families that were displaced by the Bududa landslides in 2010
MALABO, Equatorial Guinea, March 29, 2013/African Press Organization (APO)/ – On January 11, 2013, the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) concluded the 2012 Article IV consultation with Equatorial Guinea.1
Launched in 1998, MTN Uganda is the leading telecommunications firm in country with more than 7.7 million customers as of 31 December 2012. Visit us at www.mtn.co.ug;www.youtube.com/mtnug;www.facebook.com/mtnugand www.twitter.com/mtnugandacare. Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: “MTN.” As of 31 December 2012, MTN recorded almost 190 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. Visit us at www.mtn.comand www.mtnfootball.com.