CMT’s 10th Africa CemenTrade Summit on 18-19 April, 2018 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Dakar charts Africa’s cement and clinker imports, rapid cement capacity expansion amidst potential M&As plus technology comparison.
Corporate Sponsors from Les Ciments du Sahel and Sococim Industries join the summit with papers on:
- Contribution of the Cement Industry in the Growth of the West African Sub Region Latfallah Layousse, CEO & MD Les Ciments du Sahel
- Senegal: Is the Cement Bubble Bursting? Youga Sow, Director General, SOCOCIM Industries
Luk Haelterman, Country Head, Senegal of Dangote Industries presents on ‘Africanization of the Cement Business’ while Finn Arnoldsen, Group CEO, Bua Cement analyses if Nigeria’s Cement Sector is reaching self-sufficiency. Likewise Burkina Faso’s key cement manufacturer – CIMFASO’s – Inoussa Kabore, MD shares details of the country’s clinker imports and challenges via session on – Is the Cement Industry Getting Crowded in Burkina Faso? Whereas Ronald Ndegwa, MD, Savannah Cement addresses the ‘Growth Drivers in East Africa Region’.
The summit is also joined by Tony Hadley African Advisory presenting on ‘Changing Dynamics of Global Cement & its Impact on Africa’ and ZAG International sharing the global overview and outlook for Africa with focus on ‘Cementitious Materials’. In addition, Cemengal talks about its Plug&Grind® – the new modular grinding concept with a VRM Fitted-In while Marvel International Management & Transportation Co. presents the expectations in Freight Market for the next 3 Years and how to reduce freight cost for shipments to West Africa. As sustainability is a key issue for cement producers, Egyptian Company for Solid Waste Recycling (ECARU) lists the alternative solid fuel projects in Africa.
All three Associate Sponsors of the summit also contribute a paper each:
- Mr. Falk Werner, Area Manager, Gebr. Pfeiffer – Ahead of the Game
- Mr. Loïc POTTIER, Area Sales Manager, Fives – FCB Horomill® Evolutions in Raw and Cement Grinding: Real Cases Review
- Mr. Mohammed Sanaobar, Regional Technical Director at Wacker Chemicals – The Development and Use of Cement Modified Systems with Polymers
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), the summit’s exhibitors are – Les Ciments du Sahel, Sococim Industries, Gebr. Pfeiffer, Intercem Engineering, CEMENGAL, Fives FCB, CHRYSO, Howden Solyvent-Ventec, La Sacherie Moderne, WOKU-Filtermedien GmbH & Co., Haver & Boecker, Siemens and ANIVI.
Visit the event website or call Ms. Grace Oh at +65 6346 9147 for more details.