Tag Archives: Dubai
African car wrappers have a great chance to also participate in the ‘Masters of Wrap’ competition
The recent success of DISCOP Johannesburg highlighted the growing international interest in content “made in Africa.” This interest reflects recent research such as the latest IDATE report that shows growth in the in the MEA (Middle East / Africa ) TV market is being driven largely by sub-Saharan Africa, which it says will be the world’s fastest-growing TV market over the next five years.
- Over 2,000 hospitality and leisure projects in the GCC with a combined estimated value of USD 200 billion, according to The Big 5’s research partner BNC Network.
- The expanding tourism sector and hosting of large events are key drivers behind increasing hospitality and leisure projects in the region.
- The Big 5 (26 – 29 November 2017 at The Dubai World Trade Centre) will feature over 2500 exhibiting companies and is expected to attract over 78,000 visitors.
Over 2,000 hospitality and leisure projects are currently underway in the GCC with a combined estimated value of USD 200 billion, event organisers announce ahead of The Big 5 next month. An estimated USD 64 billion worth of related projects in the construction pipeline, coupled with increasingly relaxed visa policies highlight a developing focus on strengthening the regional tourism ecosystem.
- Gulf Glass (25-27 September 2017 at Dubai World Trade Centre) will play host to a number of key industry experts/players.
- Over 140 participating brands will showcase glass production machinery, tools, glass processing, finishing solutions and products.
The demand for innovative and green solutions for the built landscape is surging in the region and glass, a sustainable and fully recyclable material, is fast becoming the perfect solution to today’s environment based challenges. In the lead up to Expo 2020 and Dubai Smart City Vision 2021, Gulf Glass 2017 brings this optimum material to the forefront of trading.
The Moroccan Agency for Solar Energy (MASEN) has shortlisted 5 consortia to bid for the phase 1 of the 800 MW Noor Midelt solar power complex. Noor Midelt is the first complex that specifies hybrid plants including both CSP and PV. Total capacity is expected to reach 400 MW, of which 150 to 190 MW would be provided by CSP with with minimum of 5 hours storage.
The consortiums officially pre-qualified are:
Infomineo reveals rising global interest in the Middle East Africa region from Fortune 500 companies
Overall, there was a 17% increase in the number of companies in MEA in 2016 compared to 2015, with Johannesburg being the leading destination for Africa
A.M. Best Europe – Rating Services Limited is a subsidiary of A.M. Best Company. A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source.