With the changes in the global palm oil industry and growing demand, it is becoming increasingly necessary to look beyond the output from Asia. Palm Oil Africa organized by CMT will open on 05-06 September in Accra to explore and discuss palm oil plantation and investment opportunities in Africa.
Accra, Africa (PRWEB) July 10, 2012
Palm Oil Africa on 05-06 September in Accra will see key ministry officials speaking on the investment opportunities in palm oil plantations in Africa. Hon. Yaw Effah-Baafi, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Food & Agriculture, Ghana, will grace the event with a keynote address on Investment Opportunities in Palm Oil & Rubber Plantations in Ghana. This is followed by another ministerial speech from Hon. Dr. Florence Chenoweth, Minister, Ministry of Agriculture of Liberia speaking on “Liberia: Role of Oil Palm Investments and Investors in Rural Prosperity Building and Food Security”.
Palm Oil Africa is being held alongside a 1.5 days RubberPLANT Africa conference that opens 04 September, and continues on with a common half-day session cum the opening day of Palm Oil Africa on 05 September. These 2 events are specially structured to explore, discover and discuss the investment opportunities plus the technical and management aspects of rubber and palm oil plantation in Africa.
Themed “Sustainable Oil Palm Development, Agronomic Specificities & Yield Potential in West Africa”, the conference will be an assembly of key ministry officials and major industry players sharing their expertise on agri-investments, insight on sustainable development of palm oil, analysis of genetic improvement of oil palm, crop-improvement research, high-yielding varieties, disease-resistant materials, and more.
Among the officials and representatives from the private sector slated to participate as speakers include:
- Mr. Stephen Kumadoh, Principal Evaluator, Lands Commission
- Dr George Aboagye, CEO, Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC)
- Mr. Mouhamadou Niang, Division Manager, Industries and Services Division, Private Sector Dept African Development Bank
- Mr Kweku Bedu Addo, CEO of Standchart Ghana Standard Chartered Bank Ghana
- Senior Representative, IFC/MIGA
- Supramaniam R. Ramasamy, Global Head of Plantation, Olam International Limited
- David Rothschild, Director, Golden Veroleum Ltd
- Delilah Rothenberg, Herakles Farms / Herakles Capital
- Patrick Caulker, Sierra Leone Investment & Export Promotion Agency ( SLIEPA )
- Eric Anang, General Manager – norplam Ghana, Norpalm Ghana Ltd / Norpalm AS
- Abraham Baffoe, Associate Director, Proforest
- Mr. Doug Hawkins, Partner Hardman & Co
- David Ogg, Peterson Consultancy
- Marc Hardy, Principal Consultant Coastal & Environmental Services
- Michel Cazemajor. Breeder, PalmElit
- Dr George Okyere-Boateng Breeder, OPRI
- Dr Clement Ataga, NIFOR
- Dr Claude Jannot, Agronomist, CIRAD
- Dr. YO Tiemoko, Director General, CNRA Cote d’Ivoire
For more information on other topics at the conference, please visit the Palm Oil Africa website
For queries and registration matters, contact Ms. Hafizah at Tel: 65 6346 9218