New Crisis Management DIY toolkit launched to help small businesses protect their reputation and their credibility without spending huge budgets on consultants or 3rd party experts.
A new DIY tool to help small businesses save money and protect their reputations in time of crisis has been launched by Reputation Management Consultant, Deon Binneman also known as the Reputation Go-to Guy. It has been designed to give businesses, a blueprint to devising and implementing their own Crisis Management & Crisis Communication plans using a step-by-step and self-study approach.
It was developed after years of research with many companies that found that many SMEE businesses wanted to plan and prepare for crisis situations but could not afford the services of PR agencies, management consultants or even having a dedicated in-house person working on such issues.
Speaking about the toolkit, Deon Binneman, said: “Preparing for potential crises isn’t just for the big companies. There are many dangerous situations out there for small businesses – they just need to know how to prepare for these likely events, how to package their approach, and how to show they cared when the unlikely likely situation* breaks. In today’s knowledge-filled economy a company needs to show that they were prepared to deal with the likely hand of fate, that they had done their homework, and that they were ready to act” in a manner that showed they cared.
Events and incidents like the COVID19 pandemic, shopping center burglaries, missing planes, building collapses, and having to recall products due to faulty manufacturing processes; stretch organizations’ ability to cope with the reality and communication challenges that emerge.
A Crisis contains the highest potential to destroy a business’s reputation, brand, and share value. How a company reacts and communicates, improves perceptions and speeds recovery. That HOW is depended on Organisational Capability. Wikipedia defines Capability as the ability to perform actions. As it applies to crisis management, a capability is the sum of capacity and ability.
The toolkit is available via placing an order at http://www.deonbinneman.com/toolkits-and-products/crisis-leader-toolkit/
and, it includes a range of information, including:
– Taking the pain out of crisis management
– How to Prepare for dealing with both, the reality and the perceptions (communication challenges) that arise during a crisis
– Managing the Media Interface
– How to prepare for and deal with a social media fall-out
– A step by step template as well as guidelines for compiling and writing a crisis management and communication response plan for your organization or a client
– Detailed questionnaires and checklists to prompt thinking processes whilst planning and preparing response plans
– Various guidelines and tip sheets ranging from stakeholder communication templates to dealing with the Media and Social Media crises tips sheets
– Handy templates and forms
– ***The toolkit now includes – a copy of Deon Binneman Real-Time Crisis Management training course…all the exercises, handouts, and PowerPoint Presentation. By studying this, you will be able to prepare and develop your own training materials, so that you can do your own training. See this – http://www.deonbinneman.com/crisis-management/
30 minutes of telephonic consultancy time is included in the toolkit so that small businesses can tap into expert advice and experience to help them develop and implement a plan to protect. Free articles and tips are also available from Deon’s website to support small businesses and not-for-profit organizations in doing their own crisis management.